Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Angel Garden Quilt

A friend in Hugs and Stitches handed me some fabric and asked if I could come up with a quilt.  One fabric was cute girl angels on white background.  The second fabric was a pink button pattern.  The third fabric was an ugly green/turquoise modern looking pattern.  The fourth was a pink flannel for the backing.  I didn't know what I would do especially with the ugly green fabric.  
Then I thought of a pattern I had in my file using Beatrix Potter fabric called Garden Tales.  It would downplay the ugly green fabric and highlight the prettier fabric.  I was able to add to it lots of leftover pieces from earlier Hugs quilts.  I only had to use a few pieces from my own stash.  Overall I was pleased with the final result.  The pattern calls for rows of different designs.  I changed one row from a picket fence type design to pinwheels and small fussy cut angels.  The quilt was machine pieced and quilted in the ditch.  I quilted a scallop design in the border.

Angel Garden Quilt

Close-up of quilting and blocks

1 comment:

Chris said...

An angel garden bustling with cute little girl angels hovering and spinning and darting about, thought I heard the sound of wings.