Monday, December 10, 2018

Snowman family quilt

My daughter gave me a vintage window several years ago.  This year I decided to make a snowman quilt to place behind the window.  I wanted it to look like a family of snowmen were looking in. 
At one of my quilt guild meetings, someone had placed on the free table, a pattern featuring and mom and dad snowman with a child.  This was perfect for what I wanted to make.  I modified the size to fit my window.  The window has a metal fence at the bottom and I placed a wreath there for now.  I might eventually make something else to fit this area. 
When I asked my 4 year old grandson Hudson, what name we should give the little boy snowman, he promptly replied "Hudson."  I may put this window in his room when he visits at Christmas.  For right now I like it on the mantel behind all my handmade family stockings. 

1 comment:

Chris said...

I suppose the one with the oblong head is me?
Yet, I love the way you are looking at me.