Friday, July 11, 2008

Thankful for the Memories Quilt

I made this wall quilt from fabric used on many other projects over the years. They are from my "country blue, rose and tan" period of the 1980's. Fabric from my daughters' baby quilts, nephew's baby quilt, mother-daughter Easter and Mother's Day matching dresses, baby bumpers, numerous daughters' dresses, and many other quilts or handmade crafts given to friends, family, and kept for myself are included. The pattern is from an American Patchwork and Quilting magazine. The original pattern called for larger pieces, but some of the scraps I had were too small, so I decreased the size of each piece. I intended to make a twin size quilt, but the small pieces were taking so long I decided to just make it a wall hanging size instead! I machine quilted it using a Baptist Fan pattern that I drafted. Completed in Summer 2008.

No comments: