Wednesday, July 18, 2018

I Spy With My Eye quilt

I made this quilt to practice long arm quilting skills.  I quilted only the 1 inch sashing between blocks in order to quilt different motifs.  I also quilted border in a meander.
The blocks were from my stash.  I used 3" fabric squares from a Sunnyvale, CA quilt shop, Whipporwill, that had offered 3" charm squares from every bolt of fabric that they had in store for the year.  (Now out of business.)  I also used fabric from children's quilts I had made for Hugs and Stitches as well as from other previous projects.  I used a rainbow of colors for the sashing.
Hudson loves I Spy books so I thought I would make a quilt.  He is now 3 1/2 years old.  Jase who is now 20 months old also liked to find objects in the quilt, especially balls and animals.  I hope they have many more years of enjoyment with this quilt.


No comments: