Friday, June 30, 2023

Scrap Happy

 Scrap Happy is a pattern from American Patchwork and Quilting and is the quiltalong project from 2022.  I discovered it is also named "Goodnight Irene" and "Arkansas Crossroads."  

I modified my quilt to be a king size quilt by making more blocks.  I also decided to do flying geese out of same yellow fabric instead of half square triangles to try to bring some repetition into the quilt.  The fabrics are all from my stash except for white background and the yellow geese.  Most of the block fabric is from 3" charm squares I purchased about 20 years ago from a quilt store in Sunnyvale, CA.  Whiffle Tree Quilts made charm packets out of every fabric that came into their store during the year.  I have used these charms in about 10 quilts and the ones left were difficult to incorporate into other quilts or were just ugly fabrics.  I thought this would be a way to finally use them all up!  Most of the fabrics were dark tones and that's why I decided to use yellow fabric for flying geese to lighten it up a bit.  

The quilt was quilted in an edge to edge pattern by Poppy Quilt and Sew in Georgetown, TX.


Scrap Happy unquilted top

Scrap Happy on new king bed.


No comments: